Wednesday, September 24, 2008

# 3


The air bites at my skin like a slap in the face. The air tastes crisp against my throat. It's so still, the slightest movement is heard. The scent of the snow is fresh. White blankets of coldness cover everything. Frozen branches hum like birds in the spring. It's peaceful like a Sunday morning. It's lonely. The atmosphere is motionless. The path leads to a familiar place I've never been. This could be my destiny. The snow melts when it hits the pavement. Soon winter will be gone. I will miss this scene. The solitude of this place will be in my mind. I loved getting lost in this frenzy.

2 comments:

Some Dude said...

I think your post is really good. You make good use of both senses and similes. It really makes you feel like your there on that snowy path. However I think you are missing one of the senses: touch. If you add that in, the story will be even better.

junior2010 said...

WOW! that is all i can say. i absolutely loved reading it! i really feel like it was a cold winter's day and that I was on that trail in the woods myself. you did an amazing job describing... every sentence was great. the only thing that i would suggest changing is you can talk more about the path and how curious you are to follow it to wherever it goes and how fun it is to get lost while exploring.